Last update: 29/05/2017 (DD/MM/YYYY)
General server rules (for all servers)
- The official language is English. If you want to talk in a different language, please use private messages.
- No hate, racism, sexism, insulting or generally being mean to anyone.
- No spamming (that includes both chat and voice chat).
- No bragging (e.g. it is perfectly acceptable to offer help with something you are really good at, but it is not acceptable to boast about it like you are special just because you can do something).
- No explicit, NSFW, highly questionable, provocative or highly annoying content in chat, voice chat, custom sprays and player model customizations.
- No domain names in player names and no explicit, NSFW or highly offensive player names or avatars.
- No excessive swearing. Occassional and mild swearing suitable for the given situation is alright, but obviously excessive or exaggerated swearing is not.
- No bypassing/hacking of any standard function of the server (e.g. chat filtering, AFK kicking, tool restrictions etc.)
- Use common sense - always. You can be kicked/banned if you do anything stupid that is not listed here.
- Anyone who follows the rules is welcome on our servers. You don't have to be a brony/pegasister or like ponies in general.
Sandbox server-specific rules
- No propspamming/propkilling/spawntraps or building larger structures near spawn (> 20 props).
- No intentional spawning of huge dupes, too many props or lag-inducing contraptions.
- No intentionally harmful creations (to both server and players).
Cinema server-specific rules
- No shocking, gore, violent, sexual, pornographic or highly questionable video requests in ANY cinema.
DarkRP server-specific rules
Here is a quick reference for the terms used often by players in DarkRP servers and in the rules that follow:
- RDM: Random Death Match. This is the act of shooting someone for a reason that does not fall within server rules for killing. Shooting someone because you're bored is a good example.
- NLR: New Life Rule. This is the rule where if you are killed and it is not RDM, you forget everything that happened to you before you got killed and cannot remember who killed you or what you lost during a raid and tell police about it, or harrass the killer about giving your items back.
- KOS: Kill On Sight. This is often used when cops are chasing a criminal and means exactly what it stands for. KOS lines are often used on bases on many servers. You may not put a KOS on your home without a marker of some sort. Killing someone for coming into your home without a KOS line or marker is RDM. See below for rules about making KOS markers.
- AOS: Arrest on Sight. This is often used before KOS with Royal Guards and means exactly what it says. If a law says that doing a specific thing is AOS, then a cop is allowed to arrest you for it if they see you committing the crime.
- NSFW: Not Safe For Work. This shorthand refers to materials or actions containing nudity, pornography or profanity.
- ERP: Erotic RolePlay. This refers to any kind of roleplaying involving any sexual context.
- Prop Pushing: Prop pushing is the act of shoving and/or hitting people with props. If it is done excessively despite warnings, it can result in a kick/ban.
- Prop Killing: Prop Killing is the act of killing someone using props. Prop killing is considered RDM on the server unless the one killed by the prop agrees it was an accident. Prop killing done on a massive scale is the same as mass RDM and will result in a ban.
- Trolling: Trolling comes in many different forms. The kind of trolling that may result in disciplinary action includes micspam, chatspam, inappropriate PAC, etc.
- Prop Spamming: Prop Spamming is the act of rappidly spawning items. This is prevented by the ghosting of rapidly spawned props but if a way is found around this, there will be disciplinary action because prop spamming can potentially crash a server.
The following are offensives that may result in disciplinary action regardless of job:
- You have to follow no RDM and NLR.
- No prop pushing.
- No prop killing.
- No trolling.
- No prop spamming.
- No public ERP. You may only perform ERP in a closed, private rooms where others uninvolved cannot freely enter and see your chat/hear your voice.
- No intentional spawning of huge dupes, lag-inducing contraptions or intentionally harmful creations (to both server and players).
- No possibly offensive RP or custom job names - that includes names and jobs that are racist, xenophobic, NSFW or pretending to be a member of staff or different rank.
- PAC Abuse: Using your PAC to get into places, avoid being shot, or making yourself big enough to keep people from walking are forms of PAC Abuse. PAC abuse will most likely be met with a warning.
- You cannot use PACs that may annoy, worsen visibility or cause lag to most people (anything too bright, shining, playing loud, annoying or offensive music or sounds, using too many effects etc.).
- If you have a gun, you may not make your size below .75 and sizes may not be smaller than the size for animals.
- PAC size may not exceed 2.
Rules for specific jobs
Here are various rules for specific jobs.
Royals are in no way exempt from rules and even have their own set they must follow.
- The Mayor is required to place a lawboard with sensible laws for the citizens to follow.
- The Mayor is not allowed to Mug/Raid/Have Printers or commit any other crimes.
- Royal Guards are there to enforce the laws and may not own printers/mug/raid or commit any other crimes.
- Guards are required to attempt to arrest a criminal before shooting at them. If the criminal is hurting people, no waiting is neccessary.
- The legitimate reasons to arrest people may change with each Mayor. Make sure to look for a lawboard.
- Spamming a weapon checker can be considered trolling or harrassment and the player /may/ shoot.
- Abuse of the stunstick is a legitimate reason for a demotion.
- You may not use the adverts as a reason for arrest.
- If there is no lawboard, the following laws apply:
- Do not attack or break into anypony's house. Self defense is okay.
- Money printers are illegal.
- Mugging/Raiding/Kidnapping are AOS/KOS
- Placing, Accepting, and Carrying out hits is illegal.
- Being found inside the PD is an AOS or KOS if you are shot at as Guard.
Captain of the Royal Guards
- The Captain of the Guard is required to follow the same rules as the other guards, but has the additional responsibility of making sure the guards are doing their jobs.
Changelings, Thieves and Hitmen
- Changelings are allowed to raid/mug/kidnap.
- Changelings must follow the Changeling Queen's rules as the Royal Guards follow the Mayor.
- Changelings are not hitmen and may not accept hits.
- As the Changeling Queen, you can plan raids and act somewhat like the Mayor of the Changelings.
- However, you are still a changeling.
- The person placing the hit must give a good reason for wanting the person dead. "I'm bored." is not a valid reason.
- Hitmen must advert when they accept a hit and advert when they have completed it.
- Being a hitman carrying out a hit does not mean you will not be arrested if a cop sees you kill somoene.
- You may not accept another hit on the same person for 10 min.
- You may not accept hits that break NLR.
- Thieves are allowed to raid alone but must advert when breaking into a house.
- The thief's job is to get in and steal without killing anyone or being found out if possible.
- Gundealers sell guns and are allowed to have a gun on their person.
- Black Market Dealers must follow the same rules as gun dealers.
- Black Market Dealers are not allowed to raid, they only provide the tools.
- Your job as Black Market Dealer is to make money by selling tools to the criminals.
Animals and Foals
- Foals and animals are not allowed to commit crimes. They cannot steal or break into ponies' homes.
- Foals and animals must follow all basic rules.
- Foals and animals are not capable of picking up guns.
Raiding, Mugging, Kidnapping and Carjacking Rules
- When a raid is started, players must advert that they are raiding. When the raid is over, they must advert that it is over.
- Raiding a person again requires a cooldown time of 20 min.
- Raiding the PD also requires you to observe the cooldown period.
- Only raid if you think they have something for you. Raiding just because your are bored and want to kill someone is bad.
- Only Changelings, Hitmen, and Thieves can raid.
- All classes who are allowed to raid must raid in a group of at least two. The exception to this rule are Thieves.
- Mugging must be adverted along with the amount of money you are asking for. The amount may not be ridiculous.
- You are required to give the person a decent amount of time to be able to drop the money before you shoot them.
- If someone does not want to participate in a kidnapping, you are not allowed to force them or kill them.
- You are required to advert all kidnappings.
- Like every other crime, a carjacking must be adverted when being done.
- During a proper carjack, one that has been adverted, players are not allowed to use their physguns to grab the car and bring it back while it is being driven.
Rules for making a base or RP zone
Creating a base
A base is a place where a group stays and protects their things or has their home. Any non-rp zone living space or storage area is considered a base to raiders. When building your base to protect yourself, you must follow some rules:
- When using fading doors, you must have a keypad on each side.
- The timer on the keypad must be set with a time long enough for someone to get in or out.
- You may not weld unfaded or uncollided props in doorways.
- You may not kill anyone in your home unless they are attacking you or if it is during a raid or you have a KOS on your house.
- Without some sort of KOS line or sign, killing people in your home or base is not allowed. Needless to say, however, if someone has broken through your defenses without announcing raid and tries to shoot you, you may shoot back.
- An RP zone is a protected area where RPing is taking place. These zones may not be raided while the RPers inside are following the rules of an RP zone.
- RP zones must be marked by the building's owner as an RP zone.
- If you wish to kill trolls trying to break up your RP, you must include a KOS sign stating they are KOS if interrupting RP.
- RP zones are not allowed to contain shipments or printers.
- An RP zone is forfeit and raiders will be allowed to raid an RP zone if there are printers or shipments inside.
Steam group rules
- No spam, gore, highly violent and/or R34/NSFW content (that is sexual/pornographic or highly suggestive material of any sort) or excesive swearing in the main group chat. Asking harmless questions/opinions about mentioned topics in general is fine, but if you want to post/discuss content with such topics involved, do so outside this group.
- No gore, highly violent and/or R34/NSFW or highly questionable names and avatars. If you desperately want to have such name or avatar on your profile, this group is probably not for you.
- The main group chat is primarily NOT for RP. Small and short-ish RPs in general are fine, but use private chats for larger ones, or for any RPs involving NSFW/R34 content